Good morning dears! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far and looking forward to the weekend :)
Running this week has not been 100% because my knee has been acting up again. Nothing too bad, but I know that my knee can get really bad, so i usually try to catch it before it gets to the point. So the past two days have been spent icing, wrapping, heating, etc. to get it back into fightin' shape!
One things that always get me excited to go out for a run is when I have new fun music to listen to. I downloaded a TON of songs for my half marathon (3:30 hours worth, to be exact). But ever since then I have been in a music rut! I just can't find anything else to put on the ol' ipod and the half marathon playlist is gettin a little old.
My music taste is a little strange. I pretty much listen to just about everything. I stopped that whole elitist "I listen to great music and you don't" kinda thing after highschool. There is so much great music out there, just because its POP doesn't mean that its bad. My music taste ranges from rock to indie to bluegrass to pop. Just whatever kind of mood I am in.
My favorite songs to run to are songs I like to call "badass girl songs". You know the ones. Let's just say "Dont' Cha" and "Like a Boy" are the two best examples. :)
Say whatever you want, but I think the pussycat dolls are awesome! Don't judge. hehe.
So with that being said, here is my half marathon playlist (full of "badass girl songs")
- Ke$sha - Dinosaur* (Ok I have to admit, I kinda HATE Ke$ha, but this song has a really great beat to run to!)
- Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind
- Will Smith - Miami (I know, old school, right?!)
- E-40 - Wake it Up
- Black Eyed Peas - Missing You (anything by the black eyed peas pumps me up for a run)
- Ciara - Like a Boy*
- Ciara - Get Up*
- Lloyd - Track shoes (I randomly found this song through a friend, if you need a new running song PLEASE download this one, its amazing for running!)
- Kayne West - Anyone but Him
- Chromeo - Bonafied Lovin
- Ciara - Turntables* (hmm I'm starting to see a theme hehe)
- Dolla - Make a Toast
- Usher - OMG
- Wiz Khalifa - Mezmorized (this is another song that was introduced to me by a friend that by a new artist, his whole album is great!)
- Maria Carey - Obsessed*
- Beyonce - Sweet Dreams*
- Shakira - Hips Don't Lie*
- Outkast - The Way You Move
- Jay Sean and Lil Wayne - Down
- Destiny's Child - Jumpin Jumpin*
- Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath* (PERFECT for running)
- Destiny's Child - Bootylicious*
- Akon - Dangerous
- Kayne West - Overnight Star (one of my all time favorites)
- Shakira - She Wolf*
*Songs marked with a star are songs that are classified as "Bad Ass Girl Songs"
Ok, so there are alot more songs on that playlist, but it was gettin a bit long so I decided to tease you a little and save some of the others for another time :)
NOW ITS YOUR TURN! Help a girl out and tell me some of your favorite music to run to.
I'm in desperate need of some new music! aaannnddd GO!