Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Favorite Running Gear

Yesterday I  got a request from Miss Erosion to do a post on my favorite running gear. I LOVE requests and I love talking about running gear, so I thought it would be the perfect post!
Here we go!
Shoes:
Currently I have two pairs that are on rotation, or used for different purposes.
Women's Trance 10
IMG_2411
These shoes have been loved so much that they are about to retire. I have been looking into buying the newest version of them which is the Mizuno Wave Elixir 6:
Mizuno Women's Wave Elixir 6 Running Shoes
Clothing:
Here is where I am the weirdo of the bunch. I like the Nike Tempo shorts, but they are not my favorite. I feel like they fit me weird and I have found ones that I like better. These include:
  • Asics Favorite Short: For some reason these just fit me the best. They are very similar to the Nike Tempos, but I like that the pocket is on the back, they fit a little better, and they are super comfortable.
Main image for Favorite™ Short
  • Nike Dri-Fit Tanks: I will give Nike some props for their Dri-Fit tanks, because they are my all time favorite. I like the tanks better than the t-shirts and I usually buy mine one size up so they fit a little looser. My favorite one that I own is this one, mainly because its awesome:
IMG_2412
Other:
  • Garmin Forerunner 205: Yes, I have the old old version of the forerunner. I got it a couple of years ago and newer versions have come out since, but this one has been my little running buddy for so long I just can't bear to part with her!
IMG_2405 
  • Ipod Nano: The boy got me this for Christmas last year and I love it. Its perfect for running because it has a built in clip that you can just clip to your shorts and you don't have to buy anything extra to hold it on runs. I may do a post on my favorite running songs too, if anyone is interested!
IMG_2408 
  • GU gels: These things are like MAGIC! I take them on all of my long runs and they really do make all the difference. So far my favorite flavor is expresso love (I prefer the chocolate or vanilla flavors over the fruit flavors)
IMG_2401 
These are some of the favorites that I am loving right now. I could probably make a whole other post with more, but these are the essentials right now. If anyone else has suggestions, requests, or questions about anything involving my training leave me a comment or email me. I love hearing from you guys! :)
Speaking of training, yesterday was my day off for the week, so I decided to get my long run in. I did 15 miles at an easy pace. Here are the splits:
Mile 1: 9:48
Mile 2: 9:44
Mile 3: 9:56
Mile 4: 9:39
Mile 5: 9:30
Mile 6: 9:33
Mile 7: 9:26
Mile 8: 9:23 (half way point, kicked it up just a little after this)
Mile 9: 9:19
Mile 10: 9:11
Mile 11: 9:10
Mile 12: 9:02
Mile 13: 8:43
Mile 14: 8:45
Mile 15: 8:39
Yay for negative splits! I have really been trying to make it a goal to run the second half of all of my runs faster than the first. And this run was great, I am happy with my times, for sure! I think I am getting more used to the longer distances too, because today I was barely sore at all. This is VERY encouraging for running that first marathon in a few months.
What is your favorite running gear at the moment?

7 comments:

  1. I am always looking for good running shorts, so I'll definitely have to check those out! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog btw! I would love to do that zoo run, but unfortunately I'm going to NYC on Thursday so I'm going to be out of town...but let me know if you find out about any other good runs coming up in the area! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this post!:) I want to try out those shorts for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fav running gear....great question! I love my heart rate monitor and clothes from lulu lemon. They are SO comfy and I can also use them for yoga.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome negative splits. My teenage daughter says, if I get your Nano with the screen that I can put my songs in any order I want. I currently have a shuffle that won't let me do that. Is she right? Should I make the investment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a runner, butttt I love workout gear! I'm not partial to one brand though. My sneakers are New Balance and I have had them forever and love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking into getting a Garmin Forerunner, but I haven't been able to get rid of my shin splints no matter how much time I take off!! Any suggestions?! Also, I would love to hear you're running playlist!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always had a love for Nike Running Tempo shorts, I think I am just a sucker for all the colors they sell them in.

    ReplyDelete